What Is Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
Pulmonary Rehabilitation is an intensive program that focuses on optimizing the social and physical wellbeing of the patients affected with a chronic lung disease. The program shall help the patients breathe easily, improve their quality of life and facilitate their day-to-day life.
Who shall Pulmonary Rehabilitation Benefit?
The program shall benefit patients who report symptoms such as breathlessness and difficulty in performing daily chores such as walking, gardening, cleaning and as common as showering. The program also welcomes family members and the caregivers for patients who have mild, moderate or severe chronic lung disease. Few diseases like
- Cystic Fibrosis, with lung involvement
- Interstitial Fibrosis
- Rheumatoid Pulmonary Disease
- Collagen Vascular Lung Disorders
- Pre/Post Thoracic surgery
What All Does Pulmonary Rehabilitation Include?
Pulmonary rehabilitation is a comprehensive outpatient program that serves as an adjunct therapy alongside the usual medical therapy. It broadly includes,
- Exercise training
- Nutritional counselling
- Education Session on chronic lung diseases
- Breathing strategies
- Support to manage severe conditions
What All Would Be Discussed In The Education Session?
The education session caters to frequently asked questions such as:
- Know How of Medicines prescribed/ recommended
- Breathing techniques for breathlessness
- Sputum clearance
- Benefits of physical exercise
- Oxygen Therapy
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating
- Coping with chronic lung disease
Who Shall Guide You Through The Rehabilitation Program?
The Rehabilitation program will be led by specialists and doctors and alongside assisted by nurses. The specialists would include respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapist, nutritionists and social workers.
How Will Pulmonary Rehabilitation Benefit Me?
The Pulmonary rehabilitation program benefits the patients with chronic lung disorders in several ways, some of which include:
- Allows you to practice physical fitness and functioning
- Increases active involvement in day-to-day activities
- Reduces breathlessness
- Improves quality of life
- Enhances knowledge about lung conditions
- Boosts the mood and serves as a motivation
- Reduces the frequency of hospital admissions
Realise the importance of physiotherapy and Pulmonary Rehabilitation in managing chronic lung diseases. If you get out of breath often, don’t assume it’s just lack of fitness. It’s always safer to get tested to prevent future complications or at least address and manage any existing disease.
Take your health seriously. If you suffer from COPD or other pulmonary diseases, pulmonary rehab should be an essential part of your treatment.
Fix An Appointment with our Pulmonary Rehab specialist
Call us on ? 9871613322, or 0124 4255211 / 4104679
Or, mail us at ??firstname.lastname@example.org